The Initial Visit
Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle and high quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist; you are not alone. In our practice, we put forth an extra effort to make sure that you are comfortable and happy every time you visit our office. We are sensitive to your needs as a parent. Your child will receive individual attention from Dr. Wilson and the staff.
Your first visit is all about your child – comfort, happiness and dental health..
Your first visit with Dr. Kay Wilson includes:
- A review of the complete dental and medical history forms.
- Cleaning and polishing of your child's teeth by the hygienist
- X-rays of the teeth and mouth as needed
- An oral exam to check for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay.
Once Dr. Wilson has reviewed the dental and medical health history forms and completed the dental exam, she will provide you with an assessment of your child’s dental health. Dr. Wilson will recommend any additional treatment your child may require. Dr. Wilson and her staff welcome your questions and are eager to listen to your concerns.
Bring your smile! Also, remember to bring these things to your child’s first dental appointment:
Our staff will do their best to schedule appointments at your convenience. We recommend that preschool children be seen in the morning because they are fresher and treatment is usually much more successful when they are more tolerant.
School-aged children with a lot of work to be done should be seen in the morning for the same reason. We are happy to provide your child with a note of absence for school.
Your appointment time is reserved exclusively for YOUR child. If you are unable to keep your appointment, we ask that you please give our office at least 48 hours notice. By giving us sufficient notice, we are able to schedule another patient who needs our care. We thank you for respecting our office policy – your cooperation enables us to provide efficient care for everyone.
We are a fee-for-service practice. Payment in full is required at the end of each appointment. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard. Those desiring a payment plan are able to make arrangements though CareCredit.
- Your dental insurance plan is purchased by your employer and is a contractual agreement between you and your insurance company. We are unable to influence the terms of your insurance policy. Treatment recommendations are provided based on what is the best for your child, not on your insurance coverage.
- Our staff is happy to assist you by preparing an estimate of your insurance coverage. We will calculate your co-pay amount based on the insurance information that you provide. At your request, more precise information on your insurance benefits may be found when we contact your insurance company for prior authorization.
- Those with insurance are expected to understand the extent and limits of their policy. Our staff can answer general questions and will submit insurance claims on your behalf.